Wellness Care at Duarte Azusa Animal Hospital
It's far better to spend the effort to keep your pet well than to wait for an uncomfortable or life-threatening issue that requires treatment. That's why offer a wide range of preventative wellness care here at Duarte Azusa Animal Hospital. These services include:
- Routine Exams - We examine every inch of your pet, from his face to his tail, looking for any external abnormalities that might signal a lurking health crisis. We also run blood, urine, and fecal tests to check for a variety of internal disorders, from digestive parasites to systemic issues such as cancer, diabetes, kidney failure and thyroid problems. Last but not least, we take vital signs and weigh your pet to make sure all is well.
- Vaccinations - The body normally builds immunity to diseases only after exposure to those diseases -- which, in some cases, can be fatal. Vaccination introduces a harmless "lookalike" substance into the body, triggering the production of antibodies that protect against the genuine germ. We administer several sets of vaccinations to pets in their first year to create a solid foundation of immunity, administering booster shots later on to maintain the protection. In addition to the core vaccinations every pet should receive, some animals may benefit from additional or elective vaccinations (depending on their disease exposure risks).
- Microchipping - Microchipping your pet can be considered a valuable preventative wellness step. By injecting a tiny RFID transceiver below your pet's skin, we can ensure that he is carrying a unique ID number with him even if his collar ID comes off. An animal health worker can then use a scanner to obtain that ID number and trace your pet back to you by consulting a national registry database.
- Nutritional Counseling - Your pet may love his current diet, but that current diet may not be showing much love for your pet. The wrong foods, or even the wrong quantities of the right foods, can lead to serious health problems related to obesity. Some pets also have special nutritional needs to suit existing health conditions. We can advise you on how to keep your pet healthy and happy, one meal at a time.
- Spay and Neuter Surgery - Spay and neuter surgery are well known as a means of preventing unwanted pregnancies, which of course benefits both the animal community and the individual owner. But it's also a valuable wellness strategy in its own right. Sexual sterilization can lower or even eliminate the risks for a variety of reproductive disease, including deadly cancers. It also prevents hormonal triggers from causing aggressive behavior or sending your pet off on dangerous searches for mates.
Let Us Help Your Duarte or Azusa Pet Stay Well
Keeping Duarte and Azusa animals well is what we're all about, so let us help your pet enjoy the healthiest life possible. Call (626) 357-2251 today to schedule the necessary preventative wellness services at our Duarte CA clinic!